Withdraw your Union Membership Card

Many graduate students feel they were coerced into signing a Union Membership Card. You can withdraw your Union Membership Card! At What Cost has drafted a letter which can be sent to CGSU stating your intent to revoke your membership. Click here to download a PDF version of the letter. Sign the letter, write your name and address along with the date, and mail it to the East State Street address written at the top. If you need assistance, At What Cost can help. We have envelopes and stamps available free of charge.

In addition to signing and mailing the letter, fill out the form at the bottom of this page. The letter will be automatically sent to the CGSU Membership Coordinator and the Union Management Committee directly via email.

Need help? Email: atwhatcostcornell@gmail.com

Membership Coordinator
Cornell Graduate Students United
401 East State St, Suite 402
Ithaca, NY 14850

To Whom it May Concern:

I hereby revoke and rescind any union “membership” or “authorization” card, or any other indication of support for the CGSU/NYSUT/AFT union, that I may have signed in the past. Any such card or indication of support for your union is null and void, effective immediately.

Please return to me any union authorization card that I may have signed. Also, please inform me in writing that you are honoring this revocation and rescission of support for your union.

Please be aware that refusing to honor my revocation and rescission will violate my rights under the National Labor Relations Act. Moreover, representing to my employer (or any third party or “arbitrator”) that I support representation by your union will similarly violate my legal rights.